livecd-creator unmounting temp image, running daemons.

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Sat Jul 26 04:25:09 UTC 2008

I am using a F9 host to build a F7 liveCD -- the School Server image
-- and I am finding that livecd-creator never manages to unmount the
temporary partition, and the resulting image fails to boot (tested
with qemu and on real hw).

When livecd-creator tries to unmount the CD, two processes are still
running - httpd, and a custom network daemon written in python. lsof
shows them as the only processes keeping files open. Once I kill those
processes, I can unmount cleanly.

Is this expected? Are any incompatibilities with F7 known? Should
livecd-creator try to run all the relevant init scripts with stop, and
perhaps run lsof to see if any programs need to be killed or
kill-9'ed?

The boot failures (fails to load the kernel modules, and kills init)
probably have to do with the image being incomplete.

This is the kickstart file I am using...
http://dev.laptop.org/git?p=projects/xs-livecd;a=blob;f=kickstarts/livecd-auto.ks;h=4dd17a317501701464f6e880ad0ba708145fd1ba;hb=HEAD

cheers,

martin
 martin.langhoff at gmail.com