livecd-creator unmounting temp image, running daemons.

Jerry Vonau jvonau at shaw.ca
Sun Jul 27 08:00:08 UTC 2008

--mirrorlist=http://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/mirrorlist?repo=fedora-8&arch=$basearch

> %packages
> @core
> bash
> kernel
> passwd
> policycoreutils
> chkconfig
> authconfig
> rootfiles
>
> # for live initrd
> livecd-tools
> # livecd bits to set up the livecd and be able to install
> anaconda
> #isomd5sum
>
> %end
>
> %post
> # make the initrd we care about
> rm -f /boot/initrd*.img
> cp /etc/sysconfig/mkinitrd /etc/mayflower.conf
> ver=`ls /boot/vmlinuz* |head -n 1 |sed -e 's;/boot/vmlinuz-;;'`
> /usr/lib/livecd-creator/mayflower -f /boot/initrd-$ver.img $ver
> rm -f /etc/mayflower.conf
> %end
>
> %post --nochroot
> # move the initrd we created to be the booted one
> mv $INSTALL_ROOT/boot/initrd-*.img $LIVE_ROOT/isolinux/initrd0.img
> %end
> --8<----8<----8<--
>
> With this ks file, the initrd is now built correctly. But during boot
> with F8 I see all sorts of odd errors:
>
> WARNING: Bogus /etc/fstab file - cannot have /dev/root as the device
for /
> starting udevd
> creating devices
> waiting for system to settle
> SQUASHFS error: Major/Minor mismatch, trying to mount newer 3.1
filesystem
> SQUASHFS error: Please update your kernel
> mount: wrong fstype ...

The squsashfs-tools/kernel module on the fc7/8 live disks is to old to
mount the squashfs.img created on the newer f9 box.

> Once on the shell, the dmesg output looks normal except for the
> Squashfs errors, and ls /dev/ does not contain anything that looks
> like a usable block device. Trying to mount /dev/loop0 gives me the
> same squashfs error as before.
>
> hmmmm? hints?

Think you would need to include, maybe recompile, the squashfs-tools rpm
from the f9. Then I think you'll need to recompile the kernel module and
include it in the initrd. I can't recall when this update to squashfs
occurred, but I believe it was tied to a kernel update between fedora
releases 8-9. so I'm not sure if the above will even work.

Jerry