livecd-creator unmounting temp image, running daemons.

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Sun Jul 27 23:02:16 UTC 2008

On Mon, Jul 28, 2008 at 7:13 AM, Jerry Vonau <jvonau at shaw.ca> wrote:
>> How about not running the school server on an OS which gets no more
> upgrades,
>> not even critical security upgrades??? Fedora 7 is no longer
> supported, so of
>> course there will be no efforts made to make modern live CD tools work
> with it.

I can understand Kevin's sentiments, but at the time we are in
development, and the port to F9 is a major undertaking that I cannot
focus on right now. We will tackle it, but there are more pressing
needs.

And some of the stuff we have on F7 will be really hard to reimplement
on F9 - if anyone is keen on lending a hand with porting our odd
network setup scripts to F9, he or she will earn my deepest thanks.
And possibly a gig with us too if desired :-)

> Yea, you should try to get "School Server image" working as a "spin".
> Have you tried the --base-on= option to livecd-tools and try to re-spin,
> with the f7 live disk as the source, with a later distro? This, I think,
> would be the same as doing a yum upgrade on the F7 release and
> re-rolling it.

Is there a "base" commandline liveCD for F7? Our current spin is a
X-less server setup.

cheers,

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com
 - ask interesting questions