livecd-creator unmounting temp image, running daemons.

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Sun Jul 27 23:44:18 UTC 2008

On Mon, Jul 28, 2008 at 4:52 AM, Jerry Vonau <jvonau at shaw.ca> wrote:
> Your cc to the livecd list are not appearing there, are you subscribed?

No - I thought it was an open list. I'll sub...

> Think the issue is going to be how the kernel modules differ from
> version 3.2 and 3.3 of squashfs-tools.
>
> So lets get this clear, F7 is using the 2.6.23.?? and does not boot,
> F8 is now booting correctly? with which kernel?

Correct. This is with 2.6.23.1-21.fc7

> Think the only way you'll get this to fly is to get the source for
> squashfs-tools3.3  http://www.squashfs-lzma.org/dl/squashfs3.3.tar.gz
> and patch your 2.6.23 kernel and recompile the module and replace the
> module in the initrd.

Thanks for pointing me to lzma. So the squashfs 3.3 on F9 is patched
to have lzma support? Good to know... after a bit of investigation, it
turns out that between 3.2 and 3.3 the squashfs project took the lzma
pactches, and forgot to mention it in the changelog. How misterious
and cute :-/

After a bit of testing, squashfs-3.2 on F9 produces a squashfs I can
mount on F7.

But the image still does not boot. Something else in the initrd must
be messing up.

cheers,

martin
 martin.langhoff at gmail.com