Package EVR problems in Fedora 2008-07-26

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Mon Jul 28 00:39:04 UTC 2008

On Mon, 2008-07-28 at 00:28 +0000, Kevin Kofler wrote:

> OK, so it needs like the tester needs to be smarter and realize that if there's
> a newer build in updates-testing it's OK. I guess dist-fn-updates-testing needs
> to be compared with the most recent of dist-f(n+1)-updates and
> dist-f(n+1)-updates-testing, but dist-fn-updates only with dist-f(n+1)-updates
> (because I don't think we want updates being pushed for the older release when
> they're still in testing in the newer one).
>
> I can take a look at the code of the script to see if I can fix it.

I think you're too focused on the scenario where the same update is
being pushed to all the branches, when that isn't always what is
happening.  It's quite possible that different updates are being pushed,
could be at the same time, could be at different times, and those
updates could be completely unrelated to each other.

Since this is just an informative mailing, I think it's safe to let the
maintainer decide if there is an actual problem or not, just like they
will when they've requested an update that will fix any N-V-R issues,
but it just hasn't been pushed yet.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!