OT: (?) Calling on Fedora/RedHat ML managers to clean up Fedora-list.

Anders Karlsson anders at trudheim.co.uk
Mon Jul 28 07:00:51 UTC 2008

* Jeff Spaleta <jspaleta at gmail.com> [20080728 08:39]:
> On Sun, Jul 27, 2008 at 9:40 PM, Anders Karlsson <anders at trudheim.co.uk> wrote:
> > The threads that Gilboa mentions is the sole reason I implemented
> > Sieve in my mailserver at home. fedora-devel and fedora-list became
> > interesting and useful about as soon as those threads were filtered
> > out.
> >
> > Read in to it what you want.
>
> You miss my point.   Are these discussions valuable or not. If they
> are not... then we shouldn't make a place for them.... period.  I
> don't see anyone who actually standing up and saying these things are
> valued and thus worth preparing a special place for in our resource
> pool.  If we are only considering making more channels so some of us
> can ignore others among us because they are talking about things we
> don't care about... I'm not prepared to support that.

I see what you mean.

Are the discussions in question valuable? No, they are about as useful
as a chocolate teapot.

> I'll consider supporting additional dedicated communications channel
> for things when the people who find value in the discussion in
> question ask for a dedicated list. They must be able to make the case
> that such dedicated communication will actually be useful in helping a
> team of people work together towards some identified task or goal
> which helps moves the project forward.

Cool, I'll carry on with the kill-lists then. If any of the
participants would ever consider contributing anything remotely
valuable in future, I'll remain in blissful ignorance. Despite me
participating in one or two of the threads, I consider them to be
ultimately harmful to the Fedora Project, and to Red Hat, a point I
have stated.

It's a shame there is no facility to block at source though, on the
list server. That would be a useful addition, as that would cut down
on the amount of bandwidth used.

> -jef"I never read what I write, my spam filter it smart enough to flag
> my own posts as trash"spaleta

*lol*

I better disable Amavis on outgoing mail then. I think I'm in the same
boat. ;-)

/Anders