livecd-creator unmounting temp image, running daemons.

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Mon Jul 28 19:35:12 UTC 2008

On Tue, Jul 29, 2008 at 2:33 AM, Jerry Vonau <jvonau at shaw.ca> wrote:
> Hold it, lzma is not part of Fedora's squash support, but could be
> patched it. The link just has all the steps the are needed to patch a
> kernel, then recompile the kernel's modules. Just happens to be squashfs
> as the example. ;-) There is something "cute" between 3.2 and 3.3
> thou...

Well, the squashfs3.3 tarballs from the SF page and from the
squashfs-lzma site are identical, and the credits page in both mention
'lzma patches', though no word of it appears in CHANGES or README. My
interpretation is that v3.3 incorporates the patches.

>> But the image still does not boot. Something else in the initrd must
>> be messing up.
>
> What is the message now?

We no longer see any errors, but init cannot find root, so itdrops me
to an emergency shell. In there I find nothing interesting in /dev .
Not even loop devices.

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com
 - ask interesting questions