XULRunner and you

Douglas E. Warner silfreed at silfreed.net
Tue Jul 29 16:26:30 UTC 2008

On Tuesday 29 July 2008 08:54:51 Will Woods wrote:
> Packages using the stable API should have:
>   Requires: gecko-libs >= 1.9
>   BuildRequires: gecko-devel >= 1.9

How would we go about requiring only 1.9* versions?  I would like the
spec/package to break if/when xulrunner goes to the next version (obviously
not in this release, but at some point in the future).

For example, I can't do:
Requires: gecko-libs < 2.0

Because I'm not guaranteed that the next version will *be* 2.0 (it might be
1.10, for example).

Perhaps it would be best if xulrunner also added something like:

Provides: gecko-libs-api = 1.9

-Doug