Calling on Fedora/RedHat ML managers to clean up Fedora-list.

Emmanuel Seyman emmanuel.seyman at club-internet.fr
Wed Jul 30 09:51:09 UTC 2008

* Alexandre Oliva [30/07/2008 00:24] :

> I wonder why nobody's complaining about all this traffic on this
> non-technical thread on a list that people complained was supposed to
> be restricted to technical content.  Heck, why was the discussion even
> started here?  Double standards, as usual?

Common sense.
The list moderators read this list but not fedora-list.

> > Do we really want to say that if any ethical question arises during
> > discussion on Fedora lists, people may not address it?

To be honest, I lost intrest in the debate that went on in this list
not because it was asking ethical question but because it devolved
into a group of non-lawyers posting theirs opinions on a legal matter,
all the while comparing writing Free Software to stabbing and shooting
people.

> Seems like that's the general feeling of those who demand silence
> about it.  Perhaps a separate list named "fedora-truth" or
> "fedora-ethics", for this kind of discussion, would make it clear
> enough that truth and ethics are not welcome on other lists.

Since fedora-list is a general list, I think it makes perfect sense that
topics that make up a significant amount of its trafic should get
promoted to its own list. I'm sorry you feel otherwise.

Emmanuel