Pungi as CD installer build tool

Jeroen van Meeuwen kanarip at kanarip.com
Thu Jul 31 12:46:00 UTC 2008

Martin Langhoff wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 30, 2008 at 9:41 AM, Manuel Wolfshant
> <wolfy at nobugconsulting.ro> wrote:
>> On 07/30/2008 12:30 AM, Jesse Keating wrote:
>>> There is reviser, not sure if it landed in F7 timeframe.  It puts a gui
>>> on top of things, has some of it's own code for the things that pungi
>>> does, although it does use bits and parts of pungi.
>>>
>> s/reviser/revisor/ :)
>
> I've looked at revisor on F9 but it seems to be geared to build a
> livecd. Or can it build regular installer ISOs?

I can safely say that it builds regular installer ISOs, irregular
installer ISOs, as well as installer ISOs that do not work if you change
any random number the available settings involved without knowing what
it is you're changing, as far as Fedora 9's Revisor (2.1.1) is concerned.

The defaults, certainly on Fedora 7, *just build* a workable ISO. Same
goes for Fedora 8.

For the Revisor version in Fedora 7 (2.0.5 iirc); it just works. No
extremely difficult settings for particular use-cases involved either.
You might be better off composing Fedora 7 using Fedora 8 and the
available Revisor package there though. And yes, Revisor does
cross-compose between versions of distributions.

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen
-kanarip