Orphaned packages not! (splat, gpsman, nec2c)

Steve Grubb sgrubb at redhat.com
Fri Jun 6 16:22:04 UTC 2008

On Friday 06 June 2008 12:01:33 Patrice Dumas wrote:
> There is
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers/Policy/NonResponsiveMainta
>iners (and
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers/OrphanedPackages
> )
>
> > Yes, if you were still wanting to maintain a few of these, it was an
> > accident and this would be my fault. I apologize for this. I checked a
> > couple security packages that needs work and they had your old redhat
> > address. So, I asked for your packages to be released so that we could
> > continue working on them.
>
> Why didn't you go through the process outlined in the policy? Is it
> because you didn't know about it?

This is not a typical non-responsive maintainer problem. His email account
listed on the package db entry is closed for a fact. So, why follow a
proceedure that will take a few weeks when I know for a fact that I need to
reassign some packages?  :)

I suspect the orphaning process should be followed in cases like this - but
before its too late.

-Steve