Request for ownership: zile maintainer not responding

Rakesh Pandit rakesh.pandit at gmail.com
Fri Jun 6 19:08:34 UTC 2008

2008/6/6 Jason L Tibbitts III <tibbs at math.uh.edu>:

> DR> Jason, Please don't close [2] since that is a consequence of the
> DR> Non-Responsive Maintainer procedure initiated by [1].
>
> Well, if you want to go making your own process....

It would be unethical for not posting. I see no harm in DR's post
above, it just informed about relationship between these two bugs and
Non-Responsive Maintainer procedure in response to you closing the
bug without specifing any proper reason neither in this thread nor in
bug reports.

2008/6/6 Jason L Tibbitts III <tibbs at math.uh.edu>:
[..]
> Kindly take your indignation elsewhere; was referring to my actions
> only, not anything related to you.  I am simply trying to help here.

It seemed to be ambiguous to me also at first glance.

> I had a nice conversation on IRC last night with Rakesh wherein we
> worked out the details and how I was going to help him; we left the
> zile ticket closed since it's unnecessary and he'll simply take the
> package over once I sponsor him, etc. and now I get up this morning
> and find you getting in the middle and confusing things and making me
> wonder if it was worth trying to help at all.
>
> Could you kindly just step out of the process and let me work with
> Rakesh here?

IMHO nobody is coming in middle, it is just that you are not being
polite in your first response. DR suggested me Zile package and he was
first to  file up 'maintainer not responding' bug. I showed my
interest and accepted to continue the procedure he has started. So, he
was always in picture and had intention of contributing.

I regret my mistake for not waiting long enough and posting a bug, but
I don't think this was the reason for closing the bug in first place.

--
Rakesh Pandit

*My poor net connection prevented me for
mailing at appropriate time :(