Features that would be great for Fedora 10

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Fri Jun 13 23:00:34 UTC 2008

On Fri, Jun 13, 2008 at 2:34 PM, Matej Cepl <mcepl at redhat.com> wrote:
> On 2008-06-13, 20:23 GMT, Jeff Spaleta wrote:
>> I will support adding a live help button or equivalent if and
>> only if there is an effort to identify and organize expert
>> 'helpers' who can agree to a code of conduct and to lead by
>> example in interactions with new users and less experienced
>> helpers.
>
> What's wrong with #fedora on Freenode?

Did I say which channel to use? No.  I said I want to see a group of
people stand up and be accountable and to adhere to a code of conduct.
 If those people want to use #fedora...fine. If they want a fresh
start with a new channel.. fine.  But regardless of what channel is
used, I want people to affirm a code of conduct and stand up to be
accountable as expert helpers and to organize what helping actually
mean so that over time we get better at it.  And whatever plan that
group comes up with, is sure as hell better be something more
elaborate than a bot that says "RTFM" in response to every question.

-jef