Fedora Freedom and linux-libre

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Mon Jun 16 10:11:36 UTC 2008

On Mon, 2008-06-16 at 05:12 -0400, Alan Cox wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 15, 2008 at 02:39:00PM +0100, David Woodhouse wrote:
> > > Bingo.. and copyright does not give you power over other works
> >
> > Rather, the intent is to exercise the right to control the distribution
> > of derivative or _collective_ works based on the Program.
>
> See earlier discussion. Its your viewpoint that these are somehow derivative.
> I'm disagreeing. Please take the discussion to the GNU lists

It is indeed my viewpoint that the 'bzImage' kernel image we ship is
either a derivative or collective work based on the GPL'd kernel source
code.

It is also my viewpoint that the Linux source tree, as a whole, is
either a derivative or collective work based on the GPL'd kernel source
code.

I'm surprised you affect to disagree with either of those, but it
doesn't seem that you're likely to change your mind -- so perhaps it's
best we just leave it at that.

--
dwmw2