Fedora Freedom and linux-libre

Brian Wheeler bdwheele at indiana.edu
Tue Jun 17 14:01:36 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-06-17 at 15:36 +0200, Anders Karlsson wrote:
> * David Woodhouse <dwmw2 at infradead.org> [20080617 15:22]:
> [snip]
>
> Sounds to me like the argument circles around some warped
> interpretations of the conundrum if a hamburger in a cardboard box is
> a piece of the box or if it in fact, is a hamburger that can be eaten
> separately without having to eat the box too...

Actually, the whole argument (and this thread) is more like a sh*t
sandwich[1].

If there is really a legal problem with the kernel including firmware,
it seems like it would be much better discussed on lkml, a -legal list
somewhere, or somewhere in the FSF realm.

I'll go back to lurking now
Brian

[1] Not to be confused with Spinal Tap's "Shark Sandwich"