no updates?

Rodd Clarkson rodd at clarkson.id.au
Tue Jun 3 04:34:13 UTC 2008

On Sun, 2008-06-01 at 09:14 +0200, Michael Schwendt wrote:

> You can test for it by examining the cached metadata files below
> /var/cache/yum/updates. Start with the timestamp on "cachecookie". Only if
> old enough, Yum loads new metadata. [The default is 1800 seconds in
> yum.conf's metadata_expire= value.] Compare timestamp of "repomd.xml" with
> the mirror that is assigned to you (file "mirrorlist.txt". Recent Yum
> versions ignore mirrors that offer repomd.xml files which are older than
> what you've got in your cache. This way you can find mirrors which don't
> sync daily.

Right, so I see this:

in repomd.xml

<?xml version="1.0" ?><repomd xmlns="http://linux.duke.edu/metadata/repo">

In mirrorlist.txt

# repo = updates-released-f9 arch = i386 country = AU
http://mirror.optus.net/fedora/linux/updates/9/i386
http://ftp.iinet.net.au/pub/fedora/linux/updates/9/i386
http://mirror.3fl.net.au/pub/fedora/linux/updates/9/i386
http://mirror.internode.on.net/pub/fedora/linux/updates/9/i386
http://mirror.aarnet.edu.au/pub/fedora/linux/updates/9/i386
http://ringtail.its.monash.edu.au/pub/fedora/linux/updates/9/i386

I'm not seeing linux.duke.edu in here.  Should I?

R.

> --
> Fedora release 8 (Werewolf) - Linux 2.6.23.15-137.fc8
> loadavg: 1.21 1.17 0.74

 It's much better on my side"