Fedora i386 rawhide rebuild in mock status 2008-05-27

Ville Skyttä ville.skytta at iki.fi
Tue Jun 3 20:42:59 UTC 2008

On Tuesday 03 June 2008, Bojan Smojver wrote:
> Matt Domsch <Matt_Domsch <at> dell.com> writes:
> > libapreq2-2.09-0.15.rc2.fc9 (build/make) bojan
>
> Looking at the build log:
> -----------------------------------
> /etc/profile: line 38: /bin/hostname: No such file or directory
> sh: /usr/sbin/apxs: No such file or directory
> cat:
> /.mmn
>
> : No such file or directory
>
> -----------------------------------
>
> Without apxs, this build has zero chance of succeeding. The package spec
> file correctly includes:
> -----------------------------------
> BuildRequires:  httpd-devel >= 2.0.48
> -----------------------------------
>
> Which in turn delivers /usr/sbin/apxs.

Sure, but those messages at the top of your build log are just harmless stderr
spewage from the source rpm build stage - various %(...) commands are run at
specfile parse time before anything has had the chance to evaluate
BuildRequires so naturally /usr/sbin/apxs is not available at that time.  So
that's not the cause for the build failure (thanks to the "%(... || echo
ERROR)" stuff).

> So, I don't know what's going on here. Maybe we don't have permission to
> look into /usr/sbin or something in the build system?

The actual build failure is caused by:

    cd perl; perl  Makefile.PL -apxs /usr/sbin/apxs INSTALLDIRS=vendor
    Can't find apache include directory at Makefile.PL line 66.
    make[1]: *** [perl/Makefile] Error 9

Also, earlier in the build log, there's lots of this which could have
something to do with it:

    Package libapreq2 was not found in the pkg-config search path.
    Perhaps you should add the directory containing `libapreq2.pc'