rpmreaper

Callum Lerwick seg at haxxed.com
Wed Jun 4 00:35:08 UTC 2008

On Tue, Jun 3, 2008 at 10:41 AM, Miroslav Lichvar <mlichvar at redhat.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've put together a small ncurses application for removing unnecessary
> packages and their dependencies from the system.

If you create a full featured clone of aptitude on top of yum/rpm I will
love you long time. Aptitude is the most awesome tool I have ever seen for
cleaning up package cruft and interactively resolving arcane dep problems.
Why can't yum's dep resolving be instantaneous? ;)

Is there any recent success in getting aptitude itself to run on Fedora? It
worked long ago in the days of FC3 but then it broke with newer versions of
apt-rpm..