strange koji build failures...?

Ray Van Dolson rayvd at bludgeon.org
Wed Jun 4 04:36:05 UTC 2008

On Tue, Jun 03, 2008 at 09:09:48PM -0400, Matthias Clasen wrote:
> On Tue, 2008-06-03 at 13:04 -0500, Eric Sandeen wrote:
> > Mamoru Tasaka wrote:

> > > I just tried scratch build and it was all successful...
> > > http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=643448
> > >
> > > Mamoru
> > >

> > My scratch builds also were successful... and now a proper build was  too.
> >
> > I think maybe there's a race somewhere... ?
>
> Any insight on this ? I'm seeing quite a few of my builds fail in the
> same way, with 'setting times of `<some file>' errors from cp or touch.
> The latest is:
>
> http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/getfile?taskID=644137&name=build.log

I had some weird build issues today.  Seemed to fail only on the
rawhide build and only with x86_64.  It seemed to be erroring out in
%doc trying to copy the README.txt file -- kind of like it was missing.
I re-uploaded the source file and ran the build again and it worked
fine at last...

Two initial failed builds:

Build that succeeded after re-uploading the source portion:

Everything had built fine and error free in my local x86_64 rawhide
mock setup, so I was _pretty_ sure my package wasn't bad.

Ray