non responsive policy with invalid mail

Steve Grubb sgrubb at redhat.com
Fri Jun 6 22:09:34 UTC 2008

On Friday 06 June 2008 14:41:22 Patrice Dumas wrote:
> If there is no known way of contacting the former maintainer, or he is not
> willing to make the required change in the packagedb, one should directly
> jump to the mail of the formal request to orphan all the packager packages
> to  fedora-devel-list.

What about the case where someone was terminated (which was not the case that
precipitated this thread)? Perhaps in that case the maintainer doesn't want
the whole world to know. How is that taken into account with this policy? I
think there are times when we have to respect that and have the ability to
replace maintainers without shouting to the world.

-Steve