rkhunter aborting

Paulo Cavalcanti promac at gmail.com
Sun Jun 8 12:45:15 UTC 2008

Hi,

the latest rkhunter is using the following tmp file
(/etc/cron.dayly/rkhunter):

# Get a secure tempfile
TMPFILE1=`/bin/mktemp -p /var/rkhunter/tmp rkhcronlog.XXXXXXXXXX` || exit 1

However,  /var/rkhunter/tmp is not create by the rpm, and of course, the
script always stops.

Previously, it was being used /var/run/rkhunter.

My question is: what the new version is supposed to do?

Maybe it wanted to use /var/tmp/rkhunter (not /var/rkhunter/tmp) instead of
writing in /var/run/rkhunter.
In this case, I also think the permission of this directory should 700.

Another point, is that rkhunter always send messages even when there is no
warning,
and sometimes it complains that there is no copy of /etc/group and
/etc/passwd.
How can I fix that?

Thanks.

--