Package EVR problems in Fedora 2008-06-10

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Tue Jun 10 17:54:46 UTC 2008

On Tue, 10 Jun 2008 12:31:08 -0400, Adam Jackson wrote:

> On Tue, 2008-06-10 at 12:24 -0400, buildsys at fedoraproject.org wrote:
> > Broken upgrade path report for repositories F7, F7-updates, F7-updates-
> > testing, F8, F8-updates, F8-updates-testing, F9, F9-updates, F9-updates-
> > testing, F7, F7-updates, F7-updates-testing, F8, F8-updates, F8-updates-
> > testing, F9, F9-updates, F9-updates-testing, rawhide
>
> This one is much closer to right.  It's still not attaching package
> owner names, and I don't think it's actually checking rawhide correctly.

If I remember correctly, repo ids must contain a number, which is
searched for. So, "rawhide" => "F10-development", for example.

The package owner names can only be loaded if the script is updated to
authenticate against FAS2 like it is done with the EPEL repoclosure
report. Username and password can be passed to PackageOwners.py [1]
(which was not necessary on buildsys.fedoraproject.org and FAS1).
upgradecheck.py does not support any options to take username/password
yet.

[1] http://cvs.fedoraproject.org/viewcvs/extras-repoclosure/?root=fedora