PackageKit UI

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Thu Jun 12 11:09:10 UTC 2008

Quite a few people are complaining about the user interface of the
Add/Remove program in Fedora 9. This is correct, as I agree the UI
interaction was pretty awful in the 0.1.x codebase.

This was always going to be a stop-gap solution while we worked on the
0.2.x branch that supported all the sexy things that people wanted like
proxy server support, multiple install (and remove) and proper key
signing support.

This is the current UI of gpk-application in git master (and rawhide
from today): http://www.packagekit.org/temp/gpk-application.png

It fixes most of the problems with PackageKit 0.1.x (other than the
slowness [1]) and I'm hoping to get a build in F9 updates-testing
sometime soon. The update viewer and the other tools have also seen some
love too.

Comments/suggestions welcome,

Richard Hughes

[1] we're still working on a new (much faster) yum backend