Fedora Freedom and linux-libre

Alexandre Oliva aoliva at redhat.com
Sat Jun 14 02:54:46 UTC 2008

On Jun 13, 2008, Alexandre Oliva <aoliva at redhat.com> wrote:

> It's like going "Your honor, I shouldn't be punished for the alleged
> murder because I didn't kill the victim, the bullet did.  I just
> pulled the trigger.  Anyone else could have done that and the victim
> would end up dead just the same, so why should I be punished for
> something that anyone else could have done?"

Or (for those who override logical thinking with emotional reactions
in the presence of hyperboles) "See, officer, I'm not stepping on the
grass, my shoes are.  I just so happen to have these shoes on right
now, but I might as well just take them out and put on another pair,
and these will remain just where they are, no difference.  See?,
that's why you shouldn't fine me."

And, no, I obviously didn't accuse you of murder, and I'm pretty sure
you know that.  Thanks to those who pointed out in private that others
might mistaken an hyperbole for a comparison of similar acts.  I hope
the hipobole :-) above clears that up.