Proposal: bugzilla component for pre-review package development

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Mon Jun 16 07:16:39 UTC 2008

>> Unfortunately when this happens, the "not ready for review" ticket
>> shows up in the review queue, extremely scarce reviewer time is
>> wasted on tickets that aren't reviewable, and the already huge queue
>> gets even bigger.  One way to deal with this is to just give these
>> tickets their own bugzilla component.  I'm not really sure what to
>> call it, though.  Maybe "Package Development", but that sounds a bit
>> broad.  Whatever the component is called, though, it would give these
>> tickets a place to go that doesn't complicate the package review
>> process.
>
> Maybe a trac instance on hosted? Or maybe a special status whiteboard
> that says "don't do anything with these" would be better than
> littering bugzilla with yet more irrelevant data :).

Problem with that is that it moves from bugzilla to trac and then back
to bugzilla once ready for review again.... even more admin work when
the reason for the discussion has come around due to there not being
enough time. At least with a new bugzilla component all the
information remains and all the information is in the one ticket.

Peter