Fedora Freedom and linux-libre

jeff moe at blagblagblag.org
Mon Jun 16 11:13:14 UTC 2008

Alan Cox wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 15, 2008 at 09:08:01PM -0300, jeff wrote:
>> Has RedHat ever had the source code to the driver?
 >
> Any legal questions with regards to Red Hat matters and materials should
> be addressed to legal at redhat.com.

Not any more. I got this back:

Thank you for your message. Please note the following:

This email address has been deactivated. Email sent to this address IS
NOT RECEIVED by a person at Red Hat. If you need to contact us
regarding a legal issue, please send written correspondence to us at:

Legal Affairs
1801 Varsity Drive
Raleigh, NC 27606

Please be aware that the Legal Affairs department cannot give legal
advice to parties outside of Red Hat. Therefore, Red Hat will not
respond to requests for such advice, including but not limited to our
licenses, products or intellectual property. If you have a question
about our End User License Agreements, please refer to
www.redhat.com/licenses for information. If you do not find the answer
to your question there, please consult your attorney. If you do not
have an attorney, we will be happy to provide you with a referral.

Though a developer would have a much better idea if Red Hat/Fedora has the
source than a lawyer. The lawyer would just run around and ask the developers. ;)

-Jeff