Someone please take over these packages

Jarod Wilson jwilson at redhat.com
Tue Jun 17 18:59:59 UTC 2008

On Tuesday 17 June 2008 12:14:10 pm Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> On Mon, 16 Jun 2008 09:18:13 -0400
>
> jwilson at redhat.com (Jarod Wilson) wrote:
> > For a variety of reasons, I have to entirely give up involvement in a
> > number of packages. I've already tried to find new primary
> > maintainers without success, but I really can't justify any time
> > spent on these packages any longer, so I must orphan them ASAP, and
> > hopefully, someone picks them up...
> >
> > emerald (compiz-fusion alternate windowing thingamajig)
> > emerald-themes (themes for the above)
> > ganglia (cluster monitoring software)
> > numpy (numerical python)
> >
> > I've also got the following packages for which I've yet to solicit
> > new maintainers for that I am also intending to orphan Real Soon Now:
> >
> > conman (console management software)
> > connect-proxy (helper to use ssh through socks/squid proxy)
> > dircproxy (detachable irc proxy)
> > powerman (power management software)
> >
> > I'll keep myself on the cc for bugzillas for all of the above, and
> > will try to help with any bugs filed, personal free time permitting.
> > Most of these are relatively low on time investment required to
> > maintain them, but volume adds up, particularly given that I only
> > actually use two of these packages on any sort of regular basis these
> > days (conman and dircproxy).
>
> I can take dircproxy, since I use it all the time...

Much appreciated. Not much to report on dircproxy, upstream is mostly inactive
most of the time, occasionally posts an updated beta (like, once every year
and a half). I know there's one patch in the fedora build to fix a crash on
receiving a zero-length message that I don't believe has made its way back
upstream (my fault, forgot about it 'til now).

Five down, three to go... C'mon people, you know you want emerald and
emerald-themes... connect-proxy is dead-simple, but dunno how many people
actually have use for it (I did 3 years ago, notsomuch anymore...).

--
Jarod Wilson
jwilson at redhat.com