Fedora Freedom and linux-libre

max bianco maximilianbianco at gmail.com
Wed Jun 18 23:26:32 UTC 2008

On Wed, Jun 18, 2008 at 6:20 PM, Alexandre Oliva <aoliva at redhat.com> wrote:
> On Jun 18, 2008, max <maximilianbianco at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>> Yes. Which is why we should stop supporting these "PCs" which aren't
>>> completely free.
>
>> I'm all for it too but first you have to get completely free options
>> on the market place.
>
> Why does it have to be 'first'?  Why can't we build up pressure such
> that vendors will have more of a reason to do it?

Vendors are motivated by money, nothing more nothing less if you show
them they can save money *and* not lose clients they will go for it.
Inertia drives this market, the train is coming to a halt but it takes
time to stop it and then of course you have to change direction. There
is also the fact that most people don't know enough about the subject
to care so if you don't put it front of them and maintain the price
point they are used too then it is going to be especially difficult.
These things take time, things are starting to change, I'd like
everyone to suddenly wake up to what's going on around them too.

--
If opinions were really like assholes we'd each have just one