rpmlint warnings

Hedayat Vatnakhah hedayat at grad.com
Thu Jun 19 23:46:30 UTC 2008

Hi all,

I've a question about an rpmlint warning message: when I run rpmlint
against my package
(http://www.assembla.com/spaces/hedayat/documents/ctTQqMpLur3BrOab7jnrAJ/download/rcssserver3d-devel-0.6-0.1.20080620cvs.fc9.i386.rpm)

(Or you may try this link:
http://www.assembla.com/file/hedayat/1_rcssserver3d-devel-0.6-0.1.20080620cvs.fc9.i386.rpm)

It'll print a set of dangling-relative-symlink errors like this:

rcssserver3d-devel.i386: W: dangling-relative-symlink
/usr/lib/rcssserver3d/librcssnet3D.so librcssnet3D.so.0.0.0

I don't know what are these warnings for, since the symlinks are correct
(their target file is available in the main package). It's a -devel
package and so it contains only the .so symlinks. I'd like to know what
are these warnings for; and how can I prevent them.

Thanks a lot,

Hedayat