Packaging of Nagios

Roy-Magne Mo rmo at sunnmore.net
Fri Jun 27 16:47:53 UTC 2008

Mike McGrath skreiv:
> On Fri, 27 Jun 2008, Dan Horák wrote:
>
>> Roy-Magne Mo píše v Pá 27. 06. 2008 v 18:22 +0200:
>>> Matthew Jurgens skreiv:

>>> I've packaged Nagios 3 for my self and contacted Shawn Starr and asked
>>> if he was interested in the updates to the existing package. He replied
>>> that it wasn't interesting before the nagios 2 line was killed off.
>>>
>>> So, it seems like fedora has been debianized ;)
>>>
>> But you can submit a package called nagios3 and when there will be no
>> conflicts with nagios then Fedora will have both.
>>

> It amuses me that, for whatever reason, none of you have bothered to
> contact me about it and instead went to a list that already gets way to
> much traffic.  My email address is: mmcgrath at fedoraproject.org
>
> If you're interested in getting nagios 3 ready and into Fedora, I could
> certainly use help with that.

Hi,
I will register a bugzilla in a couple of hours with a upgrade request.
The changes required to upgrade to Nagios 3 isn't all that big spec
wise. There are some changes to the config format, so people should be
aware when upgrading.

I've been running this rpm in production for at least a month now.

This is the spec file:
http://www.sunnmore.net/div/nagios.spec

This is the source rpm:
http://www.sunnmore.net/div/nagios-3.0.3-1.src.rpm