Evolution glib problems anyone?

Milan Crha mcrha at redhat.com
Mon Jun 30 12:07:43 UTC 2008

On Mon, 2008-06-30 at 11:35 +0100, Paul F. Johnson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to start up evolution and all I seem to get are the following back
>
> [paul at t7 ~]$ evolution
> CalDAV Eplugin starting up ...
> ** (evolution:4765) : DEBUG: mailto URL command: evolution %s
> ** (evolution>7465) : DEBUG: mailto URL program: evolution
>
> GLib-ERROR **: gmem.c:136: failed to allocate 31740376080 bytes
> aborting...
> Trace/breakpoint trap
>
> I'm not sure why it's trying to allocate such a huge amount of memory either.
>
> TTFN
>
> Paul

	Hi,
can you install debug info packages for evolution,
evolution-data-server, evolution-exchange and gtkhtml3, and try to run
evolution under gdb and paste to the bugzilla report result of the
"thread apply all bt" command? It will hopefully show where it tries to
allocate such amount of memory.
	Thanks,
	Milan