file dependencies and packages and [blocker] bugs

Nicolas Mailhot nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net
Sat Mar 1 10:29:33 UTC 2008

Le vendredi 29 février 2008 à 16:47 -0800, Andrew Farris a écrit :

> There certainly must be a better approach.  Even if the packages that need extra
> fonts go ahead and ship them... then the majority of users who aren't installing
> or updating these games do not have to deal with this.

I don't think game packages want to deal with maintaining private copies
of fonts (which are updated upstream monthly, need to be built from
source of we want to respect our own aims, etc).

I didn't ask Hans to add these file deps but I totally agree with his
reasoning.

If the number of packages that have filedeps on font files is big enough
to bother you, just add /usr/share/fonts to the roots which filedeps are
not in separate metadata files. That's the correct non-hackish answer.

--
Nicolas Mailhot