file dependencies and packages and [blocker] bugs

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Sat Mar 1 16:56:12 UTC 2008

Hans de Goede <j.w.r.degoede <at> hhs.nl> writes:
> No having to patch a zillion packages is not a centralized fix, atleast not
> in my world view.

IMHO you can't get more centralized than a central library finding fonts for
you.

And we do patch packages to use central libraries where possible (killing
duplication like what we're seeing with the private copies of fonts, which your
symlink method just hacks around) already, see for example the spelling
dictionary work:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/FeatureDictionary

        Kevin Kofler