with F9, will we still need ALL X drivers?

Matej Cepl mcepl at redhat.com
Sun Mar 2 20:11:09 UTC 2008

On 2008-03-02, 16:49 GMT, sean darcy wrote:
> But f9 will install xorg-x11-drivers by default?

Most probably yes — the duo “hard drive space is cheap” and
“hardware changes happen” is hard to beat. And before you compare
to loudly, let me tell you that both of Linux closed-competitors
do the same. If you know and care about such things, then rpm -e
xorg-x11-drivers combined with rpm -e xorg-x11-drv-{.... long
list of drivers separated by commas} is not that difficult to do.

Matej