RFC: Page size on PPC/PPC64 builders

Eric Sandeen sandeen at redhat.com
Mon Mar 3 03:46:53 UTC 2008

Tom Lane wrote:

> As for the other points, if we can't provide (and document) the
> ability for developers to test on a secondary arch, that arch
> needs to be removed from Fedora completely.  It's useless to
> expect developers to magically fix things they can't debug.

Hm, good point.  My initial reaction to all this was "building on other
arches finds good bugs" and I thought back fondly on my e2fsprogs bug
from last week... then I rembered that I, too, have a magic incantation
to invoke a ppc login somewhere and without that I would have been
stumped a lot longer.  If most fedora devels can't get access to one of
these boxes, it's a problem, isn't it...  :(

-Eric