[SPAM] Re: [SPAM] Re: texlive f8 missing lots of xetex?

Jonathan Underwood jonathan.underwood at gmail.com
Mon Mar 3 15:44:53 UTC 2008

On 03/03/2008, Patrice Dumas <pertusus at free.fr> wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 03, 2008 at 09:58:07AM -0500, Neal Becker wrote:
>  > >
>  > Are you sure?  I grabbed the srpm and built it - it has dvipdfmx but not
>  > xdvipdfmx.
>

> No, I'm not sure. Indeed xdvipdfmx I have installed comes from
>  texlive... So I guess that xdvipdfmx is really another upstream package.
>  I'll have a look when time permit.

Yes, it's a bit of a crazy situation - first there's dvipdfm, which is
the original project, which isn't really developed any longer, there's
a fork which is dvipdfmx which is being developed, and it seems that's
also been forked to give the xdvipdfmx project. Would be nice if these
three codebases were merged.