RFC: Page size on PPC/PPC64 builders

Tom "spot" Callaway tcallawa at redhat.com
Mon Mar 3 16:17:58 UTC 2008

On Mon, 2008-03-03 at 11:07 -0500, Alan Cox wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 03, 2008 at 10:17:38AM -0500, Tom spot Callaway wrote:
> > > architectures. (In fact, the whole distinction between primary and
> > > secondary architectures is IMHO a bad idea and should be dropped).
> >
> > David, you keep saying this, and its rather unproductive and insulting.
>
> Tom - why is repeatedly pointing out the obvious "insulting". Surely not
> listening is insulting.

Its insulting to those of us who worked on the Secondary Architectures
proposal, to the Fedora Steering Committee who ratified it, and the
Fedora Board who signed off on it.

If I continuously pointed out in public that your kernel efforts are
junk, and should be abandoned, I suspect you would be less than pleased.

The split between primary and secondary architectures enables secondary
architectures to ramp up and grow, without unnecessarily burdening the
Fedora infrastructure or packaging community. I've reached out to David
and tried to work with him on resolving specific technical concerns, and
he still reverts back to an attitude of badmouthing the entire effort.

~spot