submitting ideas to Fedora

Johann B. Gudmundsson johannbg at hi.is
Tue Mar 4 21:04:03 UTC 2008

Mark wrote:
> Now why would fedora want a 'brainstorm' site?
> We have Ubuntu and openSUSE that did it and i think that's enough. I
> think it's better for fedora to look at those lists and look at what
> issues are there and base the features for the next fedora on those
> lists. We don't need another list because nearly all issues that i saw
> (on brainstorm) are things that need to get fixed upstream anyway so
> including a fix for it in Fedora would just be extra work. Better help
> upstream to include it and your done for all distributions that use
> it.

I actually think the best way to approach this with the minimum work and
the best reach to
the user(s) and without so much work is to create a preform email form
that the user fill in their idea
and gets sent to let's say fedora-rfe mailing lists that's sends random
auto reply back on the form of
thank you for the idea etc.. and the community parses the mailing list
and filters out those who make sense and forward them
to the right places and deletes those who don't.. Users don't have to
register or do any work other than double click a icon and fill in the
form and press send as they do with email every day.and if it bothers
them they can either delete the icon or remove it from the bar..
 and developers wont get bother with anything that is not interesting..
Every idea thats gets accepted will be posted on fedora project page and
thanks given to the person that came up with the idea ( thanks goes to
Mary from Atlanta her idea has been accepting and is being developed and
incorporated into the next release of fedora etc..) and those
who worked on making it happen...

The whole brainstorm web idea is flawed from my perspective, letting
users register to just send their idea of the moment, the amount of work
design, code and run/manage such a website, when heck of hell we even
could let the spam filter, filter out whatever we want text string
including "mp3 support" etc..

Don't make things complicated for the end user if they don't have to be....

Best regards
                Johann B.