spec file changes: removing Release: and %changelog

Colin Walters walters at redhat.com
Wed Mar 5 18:28:26 UTC 2008

> On Wed, 2008-03-05 at 13:20 -0500, Colin Walters wrote:
> > >
> > > We really don't want koji writing back to the CVS server.  There is a
> > > lot of benefit to koji having only readonly access to the source
> > > control.
> >
> > This system wouldn't require koji writing to the CVS server.
>
> Sorry, I misread that.  Still, why would you pull from koji instead of
> the cvs server itself?

The overall idea is that the release number is determined by the "build
server", where "build server" can be either localhost (for make local),
or Koji (for Fedora).  So for local builds, you don't hit Koji to
determine a release - we just create one, and then increment it from
there.

We don't want to distribute locally-built RPMs as if they came from
Fedora, so giving them a .local disttag with a locally-determined
release is a good thing, I think.