Beta Release Notes

Till Maas opensource at till.name
Wed Mar 5 21:01:48 UTC 2008

On Wed March 5 2008, Jonathan Roberts wrote:
> > Hm, you should know it, I searched for the changeset that removed the
> > note and it was done by you:
> >
> > http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/9/Alpha/ReleaseNotes?action=diff&r
> >ev2=33&rev1=32
>
> Oh, oops :S I've taken a look at the changes listed and I can see what
> happened here. Basically, it was a mistake! I'd made a version that
> changed a lot of things that I'd constructed in my personal wiki area
> and then I just dropped it in. Apparently I missed this and perhaps it
> wasn't the best practice, I know better for the future now though :)

Allright, I readded the pam_mount note back to the beta release notes.

> >  Maybe it was an accident then? The changeset is pretty big and there is
> > no comment so I cannot tell. You also removed several other sections: -
> > Intended Audience for Development Releases
> >  - Translations of Release Notes
> >
> >  Maybe they should be readded to the beta release notes, too.
>
> I don't think the first of these need adding in as it's covered by
> "What is Beta?" section, but the second should perhaps be added again
> so I'll try and see to that tomorrow.

The "Intended Audience for Development Releases" gave a nice and short
introduction of the development releases and explained the relation of each
to each other. I integrated it back into the beta release notes, maybe this
is acceptable for you, too.

Regards,
Till