system-config-network & Zeroconf

Lennart Poettering mzerqung at 0pointer.de
Wed Mar 5 21:45:34 UTC 2008

On Wed, 05.03.08 15:08, Sunil Ghai (sunilkrghai at gmail.com) wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We currently don't have support for Zeroconf networks in
> system-config-network as like we do have in GNOME NetworkManager. Is there
> any work going on?

What do you mean by the blurred term "Zeroconf"? Fedora installs Avahi
by default and NM does IPv4LL as a fallback when DHCP fails. What else
do you expect?

(Sure, afaik nm still uses its own ipv4ll code, and it should use
avahi-autoipd instead, but generally all the zeroconf technologies are
available by default. There's room for a lot of polishing,
though. Ubuntu's Zeroconf integration is admittedly much more refined)

Lennart (who happens to be "da Linux Zeroconf man")