Packaging openoffice extensions

Alex Lancaster alexl at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Mar 7 11:37:02 UTC 2008

CM> On Thu, 2008-03-06 at 10:03 -0700, Orion Poplawski wrote:
>> Does anyone have any information on what it would take to package
>> openoffice extensions?

CM> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackagingDrafts/OpenOffice.orgExtensions

CM> writer2latex is an example package. FWIW packaging extensions for
CM> < F9, e.g. F8 etc. is very problematic right now as there is some
CM> suckage in unopkg in those versions, though if there is other
CM> justification for OOo updates for the released fedoras I will
CM> bundle in the unopkg fixes as well.

I would like to package ooolatex: http://ooolatex.sourceforge.net/and
have it available on F-7 and F-8, so it would be great if you could do
an update of OOo for F-8 and F-7.

ooolatex allows you to embed LaTeX formulas in Impress and Writer
documents which is a vast improvement on OOo's somewhat awkward
equation editor.

Thanks,

Alex