F8 kernel-2.6.24.3-12.fc8

Jarod Wilson jwilson at redhat.com
Fri Mar 7 16:15:40 UTC 2008

On Friday 07 March 2008 10:51:25 am Benjamin Kreuter wrote:
> On Thursday 06 March 2008 19:29:23 Chuck Ebbert wrote:
> > Sorry, we had to release with known bugs. A new kernel will be in
> > updates-testing very shortly.
>
> Why did you have to release with known bugs?  Why not just wait until the
> bugs are fixed?  The last three kernel updates broke suspend for me...

Uh... If we waited until all the known bugs were fixed, we'd never release
*any* kernel... :)

Despite this kernel making my own iwl4965 unusable, I was fully in favor of
releasing it. In theory, we fixed more problems than we caused, and you're
always welcome to keep running the prior kernel. (I'm actually running a
slightly modified 2.6.24.2-7.fc8 now).

--
Jarod Wilson
jwilson at redhat.com