spec file changes: removing Release: and %changelog

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Fri Mar 7 19:19:24 UTC 2008

On Fri, Mar 7, 2008 at 10:00 AM, Colin Walters <walters at redhat.com> wrote:
>  Thanks for the detailed constructive response!  Yes, I agree this is a
>  crucial point.  The srpm would no longer be the "preferred form of
>  modification" to use GPL terminology.
<snip>
> So I think the project is already heading in
>  the direction of using the pkgcvs as the primary/preferred source
>  format.

As a Board member, this is indeed something I like to see us get to.
Being able to get to a point where everyone feels comfortable with
working within cvs (or whatever we use for code control) to meet our
(as a project) source distribution requirements for any binary we make
available through our build system.

-jef