New contributor needs assistance getting started

Jon Stanley jonstanley at gmail.com
Sat Mar 8 00:14:20 UTC 2008

Not at all, we'd love to help!  IRC is just like an IM program, except
for a multitude of people join in the chat.  There's even a chance
that you current IM client supports IRC.  If not, my preferred client
is irssi, though perhaps not for someone that's never used IRC before,
it can be a tad intimidating being presented with a blank screen and
blue bar :).

There's X-Chat or pidgin as well if you're more of the graphical
persuasion.  All of the fedora channels are on irc.freenode.net, and
#fedora-devel is where you'll find most of us.  My nick is jds2001.

Look forward to seeing you there!

-Jon