Last minute Nautilus change for Fedora 9

Andrew Farris lordmorgul at gmail.com
Sun Mar 9 01:52:19 UTC 2008

Lubomir Kundrak wrote:
> On Sat, 2008-03-08 at 19:41 +0100, Mark wrote:
>> Hey,
>>
>> I know i should have asked this earlier but the issue is just tiny.
>> Probably even just a rebuild of nautilus where you change one setting
>> in the gconf values.
>>
>> Oke a while back i talked here about a thumbnail patch for nautilus.
>> That was with gnome 2.18
>> It got accepted gnome upstream and is in gnome since 2.20. (the code
>> isn't looking like what i submitted but that doesn't mather :)).
>>
>> Since gnome 2.20 we have this new setting in nautilus->icon_view
>> (gconf-editor: /apps/nautilus/icon_view/thumbnail_size). By default
>> that value is set to: "96" while the default icon size of all the
>> desktop icons is: 48.
>>
>> Now i was hoping we could change this to make the icons and the
>> thumbnails the same size. A desktop looks a lot more attractive when
>> the icons and thumbnails are the same size than when everything is
>> 48x48 and just a few images have a thumbnail of 96x96 making it look
>> strange.
>
> Hm, I always liked that the thumbnails are bigger and never found that
> disruptive.

I wonder how difficult it would be to get a patch accepted upstream for adding a
second pulldown in the Preferences->Views pane which had Icon View, default icon
zoom level, and default thumbnail zoom level.  The 'default' that option started
at would be a minor issue, but exposing that as configurable more easily might
be reasonable.