SRPM lists for spins LiveISOs

Matt Domsch Matt_Domsch at dell.com
Sun Mar 9 14:30:31 UTC 2008

To keep track of the Fedora FOSS contents people are including in
their spins, I've added a tool[1] the the 'correspondingsource'
project[2] which can be used to extract the list of all SRPMS
correspoding to the binary content in a LiveCD/DVD image.

$ sudo liveiso_srpm_list /path/to/your-Live-image.iso

I have run this for all the Fedora 7 and 8 official Live images, as
well as the images currently on spins.fedoraproject.org, and have
placed the resultant lists at [3].

As you produce new spins, please run this tool and send me a copy of
this output, and your spin ISO filename (as it's named on
spins.fp.o).  Please do this on your own system, otherwise I have to
download your ISO from spins.fp.o to run the tool.  If you generate a
lot of spins, I can give you write access to the correspondingsource
git tree so you can commit your list yourself.

All this is done to protect you, the Fedora Project, and anyone who
distributes media based on Fedora Project bits.  This will make it
easy to know which bits are included in a Live image, so anyone who
asks can get copies of the corresponding SRPMS.

If you'd like to help make a nice web application[4] to simplify this
even further, please contact me.

[1] http://git.fedorahosted.org/git/?p=correspondingsource.git;a=summary
[2] http://git.fedorahosted.org/git/?p=correspondingsource.git;a=summary
[3] http://git.fedorahosted.org/git/?p=correspondingsource.git;a=tree;f=srpmlists;hb=HEAD