rawhide report: 20080307 changes

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Mon Mar 10 02:38:04 UTC 2008

On Sun, 2008-03-09 at 17:45 -0600, Colorado Rob wrote:
> That seems a bit presumptuous:
>
> rpm -q totem-nautilus-xine
> package totem-nautilus-xine is not installed
>
> rpm -qa | grep totem
> totem-nautilus-2.21.93-2.fc9.x86_64
> totem-2.21.93-2.fc9.x86_64
> totem-pl-parser-2.21.92-1.fc9.x86_64
> totem-mozplugin-2.21.93-2.fc9.x86_64
>
> These are all rawhide packages.
>
> rpm -q --whatrequires totem
> totem-nautilus-2.21.93-2.fc9.x86_64
>
> rpm -q --whatrequires totem-nautilus-2.21.93-2.fc9.x86_64
> no package requires totem-nautilus-2.21.93-2.fc9.x86_64
>
> I'm certainly happy to entertain suggestions and delve deeper into this.
> But let's not jump to any conclusions before all the facts are in.

Eh, I was close.  It's totem-nautilus for you.  You have it installed.
It requires the version of totem you have installed.  However there is a
new totem available as an update, and that new totem doesn't have a
totem-nautilus subpackage.  So yum tries to upgrade totem, and in the
process finds a broken dep on the installed totem-nautilus.  Since
totem-nautilus doesn't exist in rawhide anymore, the rawhide report
doesn't find a dep problem.

--
Jesse Keating