F8 kernel-2.6.24.3-12.fc8

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Mon Mar 10 11:49:18 UTC 2008

On Sun, 09 Mar 2008 19:04:45 -0400, David Boles wrote:

> Does anyone here recall a user by the name of Karl? Nice enough person but
>    he had some problems with Fedora. He switched to Ubuntu and ta da!! his
> problems went away.

The list archives over there don't confirm that impression. The main
Ubuntu users list has less traffic than fedora-list, but not only did the
subscribers ignore some of his posts (which is what the people on
fedora-list ought to have done, too), some of his posts are about various
similar+different problems.

> Ubuntu is better than Fedora? I don't think so.

Certainly it was not a switch from "too many problems" to "no problems at
all".

> Is this current kernel problem acceptable? Of course not. But this is
> Rawhide isn't it?

No, it isn't.
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/F8/FEDORA-2008-2103

It's an update of the type "you didn't play the guinea-pig while the
kernel was in updates-testing, so you deserve the breakage when it
appears in the stable repo".