Request to enable CONFIG_FAIR_GROUP_SCHED

Balbir Singh balbir at in.ibm.com
Mon Mar 10 18:15:53 UTC 2008

On Mon, Mar 10, 2008 at 11:38 PM, Chuck Ebbert <cebbert at redhat.com> wrote:

> On 03/09/2008 01:01 PM, Dhaval Giani wrote:

> >> how about first asking why it was disabled?
> >>

> > Yes, you are right, I am sorry, I should have asked that question first.
> > So why was it disabled?
> >

> There are many reports of that feature causing big slowdowns. It seemed
> better to add major new features like that in a new release rather than
> possibly cause problems for existing users of a stable release.

Hi,

Does anyone know of any easy way of looking at the changelog to see what
.config is enabled/disabled. Is the config put up on the web somewhere? I
tried looking at http://koji.fedoraproject.org/. I got to
http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/getfile?taskID=508380&name=srpm.log and
then realized I might have to download the RPM and see, since I could not
find anything in the changelog or srpm.log

Balbir